Amelia Earhart Disappeared
- Amelia Mary Earhart mysteriously disappeared over the Pacific Ocean during a circumnavigation flight
More Information and Timeline For Amelia Mary Earhart
1. Amelia Mary Earhart started her career during World War I as a nurses aid in Toronto, Canada looking after wounded soldiers ( Mostly as a Cook )
2. 1920 after saving by working multiple jobs including photographer, truck driver, and stenographer she saved the $1,000 needed to take flying lessons
3. 1923, Amelia Earhart became the 16th woman to be issued a pilot’s license
4. 1928, Earhart became the first woman to fly solo across the North American continent and back
5. 1932 she became the the first woman to fly solo non-stop across the Atlantic
6. 1937 On June 1st Amelia Earhart and her flight navigator Fred Noonan take off from Miami attempting a round-the-world flight.
Average Cost of Living 1937
Average Cost of new house $4,100.00
Average wages per year $1,780.00
Cost of a gallon of Gas 10 cents
Average Cost for house rent $26.00 per month
A loaf of Bread 9 cents
A LB of Hamburger Meat 12 cents
Average Price for new car $760.00
Toothpaste 35 cents
Couple of examples of houses advertised for sale
Port Authur, Texas — 5 room Cottage home and bath in town center $2,250
Mansfield, Ohio —- Colonial Brick Home 6 modern rooms and bath with open fireplace in living room $6,000
I am sitting on my bed/couch eating some french fries and leftover pizza for breakfast, as my furbabies wait patiently for a bite. It’s a little overcast outside. Some commotion from the building across the courtyard. A day to keep the windows drawn.
I do have more flexibility now that I am within the bus system, just have to learn my way around! The other day I decided to take the bus to the Post Office to get a key for our mail box. I checked on my IPhone for the best route, and there were 3 choices.
I picked the wrong one.
As you know, I know no stranger, so I struck up a conversation with a fellow sitting in the row in front of me. We talked and talked. Before I knew it, I had turned a 25 minute ride to an over 2 hour ride! I was completely on the wrong side of town!
The bus driver, ever so helpfully, stopped the bus going the other way, so I could head back to my actual destination. Of course, I forgot snacks and drinks. Three bus changes later, I found the Post Office, in the middle of some traffic lights and grassy fields. A Temple on the dead end street, with housing. A sacred space I am sure.
No fast food, no quickie marts. By this time, I was hot, hungry, thirsty and exhausted. I just wanted to go home. Four hours was long enough for this excursion. After waiting 20 minutes to hop on a bus to go 5 minutes, so I can get on another bus to go to the exchange, then the final bus to my humble residence!
I think I will take up smoking!
It’s all about perspective, right? Just imagine how much money I am saving in car expenses by using the Public Transportation System. Just $3.50 a day, gets me anywhere the bus will take me.
I am going to get started on one of my favorite cupboard cooking recipes now and as always, Hugs and Hope
Info on Amelia Earhart and Average Cost of Living